They came, they saw, they ate, drank and donated and when it was all said and done, the Seal Beach Lions added another successful Fish Fry to their books.
The event, the 78th edition, hoped to exceed selling 7,000 meals, a far cry from the 297 sold at the first one in August 1945. Local bands played continuously from 11 in the morning until the Sun goes down, all playing for free as their way of ‘giving back’ to the community.
In addition to food and music, there are T-Shirt sales, raffle drawings, a New Ford Bronco opportunity drawing and of course eyeglass collection. The event is the primary fundraiser for the club and it didn’t disappoint, based on the spirits of the enthusiastic crowds on both Saturday and Sunday.
Especially enthusiastic were the winners of the Seal Beach Lions club car drawing:
- 2022 Bronco Sport winner, Paul Higgins, Seal Beach – #039
- $1,000 second prize, Julie & Don Markley, Seal Beach – #300
- $500 third prize – Teresa Rodriguez, Whittier – #014
- $200 consolation Prize – Frank Rodriguez, Huntington Beach – #473
- $200 consolation Prize – Tamara Partridge, Huntington Beach – #436
More photos are available at the Lions Facebook page.